- Interventional Cardiology / Radiology / Electrophy
- CIRCA Scientific CS-2001 S-CATH Esophageal Temperature Probe
CIRCA S-CATH TM Esophageal Temperature Probe, (Single Use, 10Fr O.D.,10 units/ Carton), U.S.
CIRCA S-CATH™ Esophageal Temperature Probe
Ref. #: CS-2001
During therapeutic procedures, esophageal temperatures can change quickly. The new and improved S-CATH provides faster, more accurate temperature detection to both HOT and COLD temperature changes. The probe deploys an array of 12 electrically insulated, coated, fast response temperature sensors on a uniquely designed soft, flexible, “S” shape providing Edge-to-Edge coverage. This unique design positions temperature sensors close to the source of a esophageal temperature change. The data is displayed directly on the CIRCA monitor, which is updated 20x per second, providing faster detection of esophageal temperature changes.
17 Seconds Faster
In an independent study of 198 applications in 10 patients, the S-CATH recognized an initial temperature rise of 0.2ºC 17 seconds faster than a single sensor probe. (13.4+7.5 vs.30.5+15.4 s; P, 0.001), providing the clinician time to respond to damaging temperature changes.1
In the same independent prospective study of 198 applications in 10 patients, a temperature rise of >2.0°C was recorded 40 times by the S-CATH. Single sensor probes missed 90% of those temperature rises.1
- Soft, flexible self-expanding probe conforms to esophageal shape
- 12 temperature sensors provide multiple point monitoring throughout the esophagus
- Proprietary sensor construction ensures rapid temperature transfer
- Delivers 240 data points per second; 12 temperature sensors update 20 times per second
- Continuous monitoring software is highly accurate in both hot and cold (down to 0°C) temperatures.
- Coated sensor bands provide insulation from electrical RF interaction (Pebax, 0.002”)2
- Additional temperature sensor with separate YSI 400 Series Connector
- Temperature Measurement Range: 0°C to 45°C
- Probe Diameter: 10 French enables both oral and nasal insertion
- Sensor Band Material: Gold-embedded for fluoroscopic visibility
- Radiopaque shaft provides a visual landmark of the esophagus; indicates esophageal width and orientation
- Single use only